Question

Please inform me asap i hav to get out!!!!
Dear doc

I get migraines caused by work related stress I resigned Friday but was told to stay a month in order to train someone to do my job this does bother me at all as I don’t mind to help but know my ex- boss has a attitude and I can not take it this is probably not the right place to place this but maybe someone can tell me if I did not sign any contract how long is the notice period that I have to work. The migraines are starting put again and I get so depressed to sit in this office please if anybody knows please tell me

I don't think, cuttie, that there's a universal answer to your question. If there's a written contract, then it's trms apply. If there isn't, there's probably something assumed by general labour laws --- but you'd need the opinon of a labour lawyer to be sure of this. While they may have the general right to expect you to work a period of notice, perhaps a month, to enable them to find a replacement, I'm not at all sure that they can expect you or compel you to train a successor, if training is not one of your usual functions. If you are resigning for health reasons related to stress, they'd hardly be justified in increasing the levels of stress you experience. Of course, if the circumstances make your migraines worse and more frequent, you may find there are stretches of time during this month when you are unable to function usefully in this way. But don't you want to be sure you get a favourable reference, to help you in looking for a happier job ?