Question

Please inform me what 'ring worm' is & how it is caught etc?
My daughter has 'ring worm' I would like to know what it is , what causes it etc
I need to know how long I must treat it for , and how long she must be off school.

Thanks!

Gold fish, ringworm isn't caused by a worm, but rather by an fungus and there is no need to keep her at home. The name comes from the fact that the infection heals from the inside of the infected patch and then tends to have the shape of a ring (healthy skin surrounded by a ring of infection). Usually, applying an anti-fungal cream twice a day for a week or so will clear up the problem. Treating your pets is also a good idea. Good luck.