Ask an expert

26 Jul 2005

pls help
hi i have high blood preasure and there is something wrong with my heart what kinds of food can i eat please hel its urgent
Answer 322 views

01 Jan 0001

Dear Carol-Ann
Seeing that you have a complex set of conditions, I would strongly urge you to consult a clinical dietitian (check the List of Dietitians on this Website or phone 082-593-0276 or send an e-mail to or look in your local telephone directory or Yellow Pages, to find a dietitian in your area). The dietitian will help you to work out a diet that helps for the hypertension, the heart problem and takes factors such as your medications into account. In the meanwhile click on 'Food as medicine' and 'Hypertension' and get a copy of the DASH Diet which was developed in the USA to lower bp.
Best regards
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
33% - 9324 votes
67% - 18748 votes