Question

17h ago

Polycystic Oviarian Syndrome
What diet would you suggest for the above condition bearing in mind that I have also had endometriosis.

Furthermore I am fairly alternate would you suggest going onto the pill(obviously one that is low in androgens).

Would exercise be beneficial and if so why?

Dear Sam
Like the previous reader, I would like to suggest that you consult a clinical dietitian (phone (012) 998-5650 (mornings) for the name and address of your nearest dietitian), because your dietary needs may be relatively complex and the general diets on this website may not be applicable, e.g. you may have insulin resistance and raised blood fat levels, which would all have to be addressed. Click on 'Diet' and "Weight Loss' and 'Slimming Diet' to obtain a basic low-fat, high-fibre diet which would help for insulin resistance and elevated blood fat levels. Please ask CyberDoc about using the pill, he is our medical expert. Exercise is always beneficial because it improves blood circulation, increases metabolism, helps to prevent weight gain and also counteracts depression. The type of exercise you do depends on your present condition - do you want to lose weight, get fit or just do general exercise? Check with Fitness Doc about the most appropriate programme.