Question

Polysomnogram
Hello Dr Bets,
I had my polysomnogram last week Thursday and will only have the results this Friday. I was just wondering, the sleep tech on duty told me that she know that I stopped breathing once, but I need to wait for them to analise the data before I will know what the result is. She check the data only every hour (and I only slept 3-4 hours). So one sleep apnea could still be normal? Meaning I dont have sleep apnea? I have to see my neurologist on Friday for the results, anything I should ask him? I am a bit concerned that I have apnea (I often wake up from not breathing), but that the test would not show it, cause I had a good night (I did not wake up from not breathing). I am still batteling with pain, tiredness and now also arrythmia (my resting HR go as high as 150 and it goes up and down by 20-40 beats all the time) I have not seen my cardiologist again, since I am preparing for exam, but will try to make an appintment next week. Any suggestions?? Thanks!!!

Dear Ruby
One sleep apnoea episode would be one too many. Many people don’t wake up when they get apnoea but eventually just start breathing again because their CO2 levels in the blood get so high. Have they tested your electrolyte levels in your blood (potassium, sodium etc?) Just try and get enough rest at the moment and avoid pain medication with codeiene or mebrobamate in it.