Question

Poor Eating Habits
hello Doc,
I want to know if it is healthy Not eating regular meals.
I sometimes have light breakfast and go up to 6hours without having anything.
Everyone says that I will lose weight But I know this is not true as not eating regularly helps one to actually put on weight.
What does the body make one put on weight ?
Thanks for Your help.
Mani

Dear Mani
It is better to eat regular meals, because studies have shown that people who skip meals, esp breakfast, tend to overeat at the following meals and that this can then cause weight gain. There are of course many other factors that can cause weight gain such as an underactive thyroid, excessive food intake, insufficient exercise, hormonal disturbances, insulin resistance and many more.