Question

Popcorn consumption

I would just like to know if eating popcorn every day or every second day could be bad for a person healthwise and I suppose calorie wise. I usually make it the traditional way in a pot with a bit of canola oil & then add a bit salt afterwards. How often could I consume it, I don't eat other snacks like crisps etc.
Your reply would be much appreciated.
J

Dear J
Popcorn which is not smothered in butter and salt or sugar, is basically a good snack food because it is high in dietary fibre and not too high in energy (plain popcorn does contain 1908 kJ/100g, but as it is very light you would probably only consume about 15g (1/2 a cup) at a sitting, thus ingesting about 290 kJ). Just don't overdo things, because moderation is always the best solution.