Question

positive blood test & period
Hi there. Had a positive blood preg test on Friday (3 positive urine tests as well) & went for a sonar the following Monday which showed nothing. Had a brown discharge since Sunday and some blood (watery) on Monday. I am also experiencing menstrual cramps. Is this normal? Haven't had a consistant period cycle since off the pill. Last blood period on 6.6.07 and brown discharge for 2 days only on 18.7.07 & 1.08.07 & now as well.

It sounds like you are having a threatened miscarriage or possibly a blighted ovum. I would suggest that you do quantitative measurents of HCG to see whether the levels are increasing or decreasing. Repeat the scan in 7-10 days.