Question

Possible?
I am 10 weeks pregnant and already did my hiv status and other blood tests for my pregnancy and I tested negative, last night i had sex with my ex boyfriend and the condom broke, after it broke we continued without it but he did not cum inside me. now he tells me he is HIV positive, what are the chances of him having infected me and my bby?

please do not judge me and only advise.

Thank you a million

As HIV is spread through the transmission of body fluids, and he did not ejaculate intravaginally, the likelihood is reduced. That said, depending on his viral load, he may pose a high risk of infecting via the "precum" fluids which may also carry the virus (albeit in lower concentrations than blood or semen). It is important to have yourself checked out and to discuss this with a clinic sister ASAP because, if in the event that you have been infected, there are still ways to protect your baby.

Claire - SASHA