Ask an expert

26 Jul 2010

Possible autism?

Great to have this forum!

I''m a bit concerned about my child being very withdrawn and appears to be in his own world all the time. Where can I have him assessed? My GP, a psychologist, an OT, or someone else?

I would really appreciate your help.

Answer 373 views
Autism Spectrum Expert Forum
Autism Spectrum Expert Forum

01 Jan 0001

Hi Manny

i am not sure where in SA you live but a paediatric neurologist or educational psychologist is best for a diagnosis. i could help you more specifically if you are interested by sending me an email ex contact us. ps. Assessments are also done at the schools for children with autism but those usually have long waiting lists. Contacting any of the service providers for early intervention services might also be helpful.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.