Question

POSSIBLE KIDNEY TROUBLE
CD

Until the last 2-3 weeks I have been getting up regularly during the night to go the loo (about 3-4 times was normal). Then suddenly a couple of weeks ago I have only been getting up once or usually not more than twice during the night. I am not complaining (believe me!) if this is not a sign of any sort of problem with my kidney. Do I need to worry?

I went this am (Fri) for my bp check and routine tests. I am currently taking Coversyl Plus in am and Coversyl (even). I started Coversyl on 21/11 and my bp this am was 135/80 down from 140/100 before I started the Coversyl. My GP was very happy with the improvement and I am staying on what I have got.

Thanks for advice.

PS My problem started before I started the Coversyl.

Dear Anxious,
If your doctor checked your blood, and if your urine is clear and does not have protein in it, I don't think you have to worry. The Coversyl Plus has a component that makes you produce more urine and as you take it in the mornings, your body is probably getting rid of the fluid during the day. I agree with your GP - your BP improved wonderfully in such a short time. Please do not stop taking your pills even if you are feeling better - this will also help keep your kidneys healthy.