Question

POSSIBLE PROBLEMS WITH SOYA
My daughter, aged 4, has an intolerance to diary products. I have been giving her Cow & Gate Lactose Free baby formula, but it is now no longer on the market. I am now trying soya milk, but she has now had a breakout of bumps on her face and arms. There was no reaction for the first day, and this occurred on the evening of the second day. Could this be related to the soya? Please give possible reactions to soya.Any alternate suggestions for what I could use instead of soya?
momentum expert

Brenda, it is definitely possible to be allergic to soya and you can have her tested for it. The rash may be due to the soya, but usually there are also gastro-intestinal symptoms like cramps, pain or diarrhoea. For the moment keep her off any time of milk and see what happens. If everything clears up, you can re-introduce the soya. If the symptoms you have your answer. The best would of course still be to see her paediatrician and to have him sort it out for you. Good luck.