Question

Possibly Side Effects of the Pill
early September i was put on the pill Femodene,as my gynae thought that would help me ease my monthly period cramps.i am almost completing my 3rd pack now.last month i felt the slightest cramps,it was the 1st time in years that i didnt get sick from cramps,vomitting or diaohrea.so i feel the pill is helping me.but towards the end of my 1st pack i had burning urine and itching when i needed to pee.usually eased after a hot wash.it went away after i had my period.it then started after 2 weeks and it came back for 2-3 days and disappeard, then appeared after sometime.i've been to a GP. she gave me 4 capsules and asked me to take 2 and the other 2 after 12 hours. said i had Thrush and that could be caused by the pill.she suggested i get off the pill.i did take the capsules, had no effect on me and the itching still persisted. it stopped after a few days.i feel i need to stay on it as i am sexually active and plan to marry in a few months.and i am so happy i finally found something that eases my period cramps. there are times though when the itching gets unbearable and uncomfortable.sometimes i go to the loo and then seconds later i feel there's still more to come, when i go back to the loo, it's only just a few drops and it burns and makes me so uncomfortable.
what can i do to get rid of the itching,the bladder infection,without going off the pill.will this problem subside over time as my body adapts to the pill or does it mean i need to change my pill immediately.am i causing any harm to my body ignoring these side effects.

The bladder infection probably needs antibiotics to treat it.
Have a look at the Top 5 questions for ways of preventing recurrent thrush. The Pill does predispose to it, but it can be controlled with these measures.