Question

Post 11605 is highly offensive
Hi everyone - I find post 11605 highly offensive. Such comments do not belong on the Health24 site. While no threats of violence can be condoned, homo-prejudiced outbursts and threats of violence on the basis of sexual orientation are uncalled for and contravene the Constitution - they are thus illegal.

Gay & lesbian expert on Health24

Firstly, this posting and thread may now seem puzzling to newer readers, as I have indeed chosen to remove some unpleasant comments within the previous thread, which were or bordered on homophobia, and were inappropriate. And of course, then I need to remove at least within that thread, some of the other comments, even if wholesome, that make no apparent sense in the absence of the elements that they are specifically commenting upon.
Secondly, I think that all of us with an interest both in free speech and in discouraging hateful speech, should avoid flying into a rage about Constitutional contraventions at the drop of a hat. Many Government policies in action, especially the entire approach to AIDS of the Minister, Dept and Cabinet, contravene the Constitution, as I read it --- and as those faults actually threaten individuals lives very directly, I think our energies are better devoted to changing those idiotic policies and failures, rather than getting too excited about individuals expressing old-fashioned and prejudiced views. It is important to know that such views still exist, and to work in the broader sense towards changing them, rather than entirely silencing and denying them.
Thirdly, I'm fully occupied with dealing with this exceedingly busy forum, and don't have the luxury of time enough to visit the Gay/Lesbian forum. But, taking up the point zzz raised --- can you assure me that all postings in that forum are totally free of anti-straight, potentially offensive, comments, too ? If any such postings exist, they are equally anti-constitutional ! I'm sure you leap just as energetically to ensure that any such postings are removed from your forum, too ?