Question

POST 403 = NIKKI
Hi guys and girls ;)

Let me answer your "nasty" question Anon LOL

I am a WOMAN with the WRONG genitals. I am NOT GAY, howzat for a "straight" moron DEFENDING the RIGHTS of all people? ;)

I tried to live as a man, despite what I KNEW. In the 50's (YES I AM THAT OLD) being gay or transgendered was suicide. After insisting that I was female for the first 8-10 years of my life, the threat of psychological "REVERSAL" treatment, made me realize to play ball and stick around acting "male". For that reason I escaped the wrath of WARD22 during my compulsory military service.

Today, in modern medical terms I am officially classified as a TRUE transsexual male to female. That means in simple terms, that I am NOT gay and NOT a man-in-a-dress, BUT a female to as near as I can get. Denying being gay is NOT in disrespect towards gay people BUT OUT of respect. After all gay men are not men wanting to be women and gay women (lesbians) are not women wanting to be men.

I got married out of pure peer pressure at the age of 28. I am the proud bio-father or three beautiful children and have a better parent ship with them NOW then ever before. I even have a better relationship with my ex then ever before. I set her free and she set me free because through out the near 20 years we have known each other (12 years of marriage) we respected each other to the best of our abilities. Today we both (and the family) understand why I could never be a husband or a father, because I have never been a man.

In the 50 years of my life I have expressed my true gender freely for the last 7 years and have lived 24/7 full time as the woman I am since 2001. Still have the SAME job and are treated with the same respect as any other female in the company. I opted to take the road of educating people about what it means to be homosexual and what it means to be transgendered. I also decided that respect cannot be demanded but earned. I earned it!

As a non-practicing psychologist (degreed in 1978) I think I have learned a lot about people and in the last 10 years I have learned even more about sexual and gender orientation. I am not the sort of person who use and abuse so when it comes to the help and support I got from BOTH the gay and trans communities I am prepared to PUT SOMETHING BACK.

I am prepared to stand on a soap box, hit the front page of the national newspapers and make the news on TV if it means I can make a difference to the better for gay and trans people.

Because I "lost" a lot of years in my life hiding and living a lie, I can reconcile with many people who come here, needing support. I don’t beat about the bush and believe no one can help anyone unless the one who wants help is prepared to help him or herself.

There is this nice story about a person who falls into a hole and cannot get out of it. When a friend walks past and he/she cries for help, the friend says he/she will GO and FIND help. When the pastor walks past and hears the cry he says he will PRAY for help. Then a best friend walks past, hear the cry and jumps into the hole. The person is shocked and cries asking why this best friend jumped into the hole too because no BOTH cannot get out. To this the Best friend says "I jumped in because I know the way out"

I like to think I can be that best friend.

Hugsssssss and thanks for asking

Nikki
xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Gay, lesbian and bisexual expert
gay, lesbian and bisexual expert

Hi Nikki, as always good to hear from you and I salute you for your honesty.

Please give my regards to Dr Franco C..... I assume you're seeing him?