Question

Post 879
Thank you for your reply.

No, it''s usually people who don''t know me who treat me as if I was very stupid. They probably think I look stupid or assume so because I can appear to be shy. Most people who know me don''t, although some seem to feel sorry for me because of what my life has been.

I have a full-time job, have an active lifestyle and spend time with friends quite often. But alone or not, my mind is always there, and so are the thoughts.

Maybe I''m just paranoid. I should stop thinking about these things.

Then its not really about your intelligence at all, but about how you interpret how others look at you, your negative expectations about what they might think, and maybe how they react when they see you looking worried. Yes, excesive thinking about such things is unhelpful. Sounds as though the primary issue is one of self-esteem, self-confidence, and self-consciousness