Question

Post 91
Hi, I worked with Heather, cant''t recall her surname in Centurion. Very knowlegable lady, and very good with dogs. Found her detais on the website.
I have another question. I will be moving house soon and where I currently stay there is a garage with a door that leads to the garden. I have installed an Econoheater for the mornings when I leave early and get home late. The new place does not have that and I only have an Igloo kennell. It is soooo cold to leave them outside. There is no option for a doggy door as there as sliding doors with a trellidoor. I don''t want to harm my dogs. What is the best solution you can offer to keep them warm in winter and dry im summer? I have permission to build a door into the garage but it will take time. Building plans to body corporate etc. Your advice will be appreciated. My sister says they are just dogs and will be fine outside, theirs sleep outside in Bloemfontein!
Dog Behaviour Expert
Dog Behaviour Expert

Hi Sanet, its a difficult one as you are so restricted. I wouldnt leave them with dog coats on all day as it could get too hot. apart from gaining permission to cut out a hole into the garage for the dogs short term, the only thing you can really do is make sure there are warm blankets in the igloo and if there is no shade in the garden, then borrow or beg a l/s umbrella or shade stand from somebody and put it in a position, perhaps against a wall, that will afford some shelter if it rains and from the sun. Sorry couldnt be more helpful! Good luck, thanks Scotty