Question

Post asthma attack
Ref to post1364

Dear Doc
Since writing that post I had a severe asthma attack. I went to my gp''s emergency rooms and was given some injections and nebulised. He also gave me some oral cortisone and antibiotics. I just want to check if it is normal to feel so weak and exhausted after an attack. My lungs feel bruised. I am able to breathe, but it is sore and I cant do anything or have much of a conversation. My body is shaking and I have pains in my shoulders. Is it from the medication or the attack? I cant remember what was in the injections but I know the nebuliser was duolin,. Meds prednisone and klacid.

Thank you

BMJ

Yes, it is normal to feel drained after an asthma attack but it is abnormal to experience these symptoms for such a long period after your attack. I strongly suggest that you re-consult your doctor for an examination and possible tests.