Question

Post Natal Depression
My baby is now 9 months old I had post natal depression very badly. I was on treatment for it. I am now much better, but there is stil a part of me that is batteling very badly to except the baby. I am very unpatient and I screem at the baby.

I have a very demanding life and work. So I am over stressed and always tired. I have no one to help with the baby so that I can take a brake. Having a baby is very demanding and hard.

Afterwards I feel very bad and I am in tears.

I really do not like what I am doing. I don''t need to use medication anymore but what I am doing is not right. It is so unfair towards the baby. I am so depressed because of all the pressure on me.

What can I do?

Often moms find it harder to adjust to and bond with their baby if the relationship starts out with the disadvantage of a PND. With the extra irritability ou describe, I wonder whether the depression is still around. Having a baby is indeed hard work, as well as potentially enormously rewarding, and you are under stress
Please make arrangements to see at the very least a GP, but preferably a specialist Psychiatrist, whether privately, especially if you have medical aid, or at a major state hospital or clinic or medial school, for a proper and thorough assessment and a discussion of treatment op[tions, which should include counselling as well as antidepressant meds