Question

POST OVARIAN CANCER
My ovaries and omentum were removed 2 years ago and I had chemo. For the last 6 months I''ve been having the following symptoms:
headaches, vision problems, right eye pain, severe hot flushes, feeling hot then cold (almost feverish), insomnia and I''m tired.
The govt. hospital says I have sinus and gave me a course of antibiotics. I''m not happy - can you suggest anything that could be causing it and if so, what I should say to the doctor at the hospital. I''m beginning to feel quite paranoid about these symptoms and am really afraid of cancer. Thanks and God bless.

Jeni

With your history of ovarian cancer, you should be examined and tested to establish if there is a relapse of your cancer. Ask the doctor to test for the possibility of relapse. Your symptoms could also be caused by the abscence of sex hormones, i.e. estrogen and progesterone. Ask your doctor if it is safe to have these hormones supplemented.

Dr Anrich Burger