Ask an expert

31 Jan 2013

Post smoking chest problem
Hi Doc
I am now 78days smoke free (very proud of me) and until yesterday all was okay. Now i have a burning chest that comes and go sometimes with hot flushes. Is it related to earlier smoking or is it something i must be concerned ? I am 40 yrs and not yet started to be physical (palnning to start soon to avoid weight problems)

Your advise will be highly appreciated.

Answer 221 views

01 Jan 0001


Yes, your symptoms can be due to your smoking history and I suggest that you consult your doctor for a lung function test and chest x-ray. You will have to consult a doctor, as it is very important to have a proper diagnosis made.


Dr Anrich
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.