Question

Post smoking chest problem
I am now 78days smoke free (very proud of me) and until yesterday all was okay. Now i have a burning chest that comes and go sometimes with hot flushes. Is it related to earlier smoking or is it something i must be concerned ? I am 40 yrs and not yet started to be physical (palnning to start soon to avoid weight problems)

Your advise will be highly appreciated.

Sipho

Yes, your symptoms can be due to your smoking history and I suggest that you consult your doctor for a lung function test and chest x-ray. You will have to consult a doctor, as it is very important to have a proper diagnosis made.