Question

Postoval
Hi, had my last period on 6 Dec 2008. Preg test negative. Was on Clomid and got an Ovidrel injection. Dr prescribed Duphaston to bring on my period, but nothing happened. Now he prescribed Postoval. I am confused. What will this do and what IF I' m maybe pregnant and just doesn' t show yet?
fertility expert

Dear Julize

In the first instances the pregnancy has to be excluded in particular one that may be lodged in the fallopian tubes and therefore I suggest a blood pregnancy test as soon as possible. Furthermore the possibility of ovarian cysts needs to be considered which need to be ruled out by an ultrasound scan. Should both the above be negative then a short course of Primolut-N might be a better option to induce a withdrawal bleed.

Answered by: Dr M.I. Cassim