Question

POSTPONE PERIOD
I am not presently on the pill. My period is due to start next week. AS I will be travelling in a rural area without access to sanitation available I was wondering if there was anything I could take that would postpone my period for a weeek

You could take Provera tablets though you may have left it a bit late. These should usually be started at least a week before your period is due and continued till you wish to have a period. The period starts within 2-3 days of stopping the tablets. These sometimes make one nauseous, so it would have been a good idea to have a trial run, but it is too late to do that now.