Question

Potty training
My two year and two months girl has started potting training. She is most willing to pass urine in the potty or on the toilet but she won't pass a phoo and throw a huge tantrum if I ask her to do so. When she feels that she's going to phoo she asks me to put on a nappy for her. In the beginnig I refused but she then keeps the phoo back for days. What can I do?

Suzanne, I think the keywords here are patience and firm guidance. She’s still young and if you can get her fully potty trained with regards to urine first, you can always tackle the number twos later. In the mean time just have your doctor examine her to make sure she doesn’t have an anal problem like an anal tear or fissure that might make going to the loo painful. Good luck.