Question

preg
my girlfriend went to a gynae about two weeks ago.She told the gynae we had not penetrative sex and that i came over her vagina.The gynae did urine tests and it showed negative.She did some blood tests and she said the hormones are not in balance.My girlfriend asked her if she is pregnant but the gynae laughed it off.My girlfriend has been naseaus for a while probably three month.

My first question is if she was two or three months pregnant the urine test should have shown pregnant,please advise?

Second question is,will hormone imbalance blod test indicate pregnant?

Third question, she went for a follow up blood test and the gynae said her hormones have improved and she should continue with medication she gave for another week.My girlfriend asked if she was preg and the gynae laughed and said why would the pregnancy hormone decrease if you are pregnant.Is this true?

Fourth question,Girlfriend is rally naseaus today.she went to a doc and the doc said she has a vrius in her ear and that is causing her naseua.Im paranoid is this possible?

Fifth question.Im really paranoid as i have been worried for three months and i am unable to focus on work and not enjoying life as i constantly worried.Please advise me light of the above.

Sorry for the many questions but i wanted to give you as much information as possible and look forward to your advice

Hormonal imbalances can cause irregular menstrual cycles and if your girlfriend is pregnant, it will be picked up by the gynaecologist when doing a full hormone profile, as some of the hormone levels will be raised during pregnancy. Urine pregnancy tests do sometimes give a false negative in the first few weeks of pregnancy but if your girlfriend is pregnant, it should not give a false negative after three months of pregnancy.

You did not inform me about what medication was prescribed to your girlfriend but if she is using a contraceptive please note that this can cause nausea.

Dr Anrich Burger