Question

Pregnancy
I have been told by my friends that cats (I have 2) influences your chances of falling pregnant and that they carry some viral worm which causes miscarriages. Is this a myth? Should it be true, what precautions could be taken?
Thank you

Chantall, I think your friend is talking about toxoplasmosis. You can have blood take to see if you have been infected (if you haven’t been infected, there is no way your baby can get it before his born). If you want more information on toxoplasmosis, you can mail me at netdoc@mweb.co.za. Good luck.