Question

Pregnancy
I am about 6 weeks pregnant & was considering termination, but now thinking of keeping the baby. Problem is, it wasn't planned, so I have been smoking, drinking, taking sleeping tablets, Prozac... If I decide to go through with the pregnancy & stop everything now, would I have caused any damage, without knowing it of course? Thanks Doc!

Dear Suzie

It is early in pregnancy and the baby is forming in the first 12 weeks but if you stop now, you can reduce the chances of any damages significantly. Have you spoken to a counsellor about your options? see http://www.neobirth.org.za/care.html