Question

pregnancy after miscarriage
i miscarried at 6 1/2 weeks pregnant in april, and had a d&c, after which the gynae advised that i wait for my next period to happen before trying again. this done, i am now pregnant again, 5 weeks. i notice that i get intermittent sharp pains (noticable to me, but not debilitating) around the ovary area of my pelvis, and i seem to feel a some pressure in the pelvic area. this seems only to happen in the evenings, and then not every evening. i am concerned that i might miscarry again.

i have a 9 year old daughter, and miscarried the first time when she was a year and a half old, and my next pregnancy was the one in April of this year which again resulted in miscarriage.

are there warning signs i need to keep a watch for? can i help myself in any way to ensure a healthy baby this time? i am already taking a supplement designed for pregnant and nursing mothers.

As`you have had two miscarriages, you should see your gynaecologist as soon as possible. These pains sound like normal stretching pains, but you are high risk. Other than taking folate tablets and following a healthy diet, there is nothing else you should do.