Question

Pregnancy and Graves
My "pertegnetaat opname" is 4%. My TSH is 0.01 and my Free T4 is 68.3. I don't know if this is moderate or if I should be concerned. They did a "flikkergram", and I found out I was pregnant on Saturday, my gine said it is nothing to be worried about. I only have to monitor my thyroid levels and everything would be ok. I read on the internet that woman with this disease being pregnant can have premature babies, still births, very small babies, a baby with thyroid problems, he could be retarded or "gebreklik". Is that true? if it is, shouldn't I rather go for an abortion, do the radioactive treatment and then wait six month before I get pregnant? Another thing...I had all these symptoms with my first pregnancy (my boy is now 6 months old). After my pregnancy I had no symptoms. Now with my second pregnancy I have the symptoms again, the shacking is just worse than it was before. I am drinking NeoMercazole and Inderal (80g). They said I should lessen my intake of NeoMercazole to 20g p.d. My question: Am I now going to get pop out eyes, or bad eye sight (already blurry), heart problems (already have Barlow syndrome)? Will my hair now fall out so much that I almost have no hear? Will my child be retarded, or born with a low IQ, or disabled? Because if so, I should rather go for an abortion and do it the right way. I am going to a Endocronologist on Friday, but I would like to know all info, even if it is very bad.

It looks like you are hyperthyroid. You will have to ask the endocrinologist about the effects of the disease. In terms of the pregnancy, it is important that your T4 levels be brought to normal. If this is the case there would not be a risk of deformity or other problems to the baby. If you do have Graves disease, the baby could be affected, but this would be the case with all future pregnancies.