Question

pregnancy-bellyfat
i have belly fat after my pregnancy and want to know how to lose it, what should i do.what tipe of excercises do i need to do.if i gain weight ,it goes to my arms, bum, face, tummy and legs.i relly want to lose weightand is a stay home mom.how do i get started, do i need a diet eating plan?want to stay fit and have my weight under control.
thank you for helping, really hope that we can solve this problem.
stephanie

HI Stef

You are not alone, and this is by far the most common question that is asked, actually. In fact, if someone could figure out how to overcome this problem of gaining weight in certain areas, they'd be on the wealthiest people in the world list for sure! Everyone seems to battle with the weight in a specific area or areas. It's really difficult to combat though, although you have already hopefully recognized that eating well and exercising correctly are the keys. The simple answer then, is to continue exercise and change your eating patterns. The exercise is cardio training - like running, walking, cycling, swimming, taebo, aerobics etc. Anything that is cardiovascular gets the heart pumping and energy burning is most effective. It is just a question of how you use these cardio sessions. I would suggest at least 4 days a week of cardio training, each session lasting about 30 to 45 minutes, AT LEAST. You have to build up this duration and then keep at it consistently in order to see change.

The specific exercises for the area in question have a relatively minor role, other than that they are responsible for developing the muscle in the area, which creates the appearance of being toned. That's obviously what you want, but you have to realise that you can't do the toning and specific work first and neglect the cardio - it has to work the other way around, cardio first, toning second. So focus on cardio, then on toning.

Diet is also very crucial, and if it's not 100% it will undermine any exercise benefits. So the best thing is to see a dietician or follow a very good diet plan. Just remember that low kilojoule is not necessarily better - too low causes problems as well, because it causes the body's metabolic rate to drop and that affects your ability to lose weight in the future. So don't try to starve yourself or go overboard, rather eat sensibly, cut out as much fat as you can, and listen to your body.

Ross