Question

Pregnancy ectopic?
I'm 5 weeks pregnant and I have a pain on the lower left hand side f the gynae area (below panty line). I had the same pain before and it turned I had a cyst. After the cyst had cleard the pai was gone for a couple of weeks then came back (much much milder though). I later discovered that I'm pregnant. The pain is sometimes on the right but mst of the time it's on the left. It's sharp, comes and goes, and not severe. Could my pregnancy be ectopic? I'm only due for a scan at the end of the month. Is there any other way to know if the pregnancy is ectopic except the scan?

It is hard to assess pain without examining you. If it is mild it is most likely to be normal ligament stretching. Pain is obviously one of the first symptoms of an ectopic pregnancy and the only way to know that the pregnancy is in the right place is with a scan. From what you say though, it is more likely that this is a normal pregnancy and there is no need for an urgent scan. The signs to look out for are an increase in the severity of the pain, bleeding, faintness or shoulder tip pain. If any of these occurs it wuld be necessary to see your doctor immediately, otherwise two weeks time sounds a reasonable time to have your first scan.

Zet, I think I have already answered your question. The chances of the HIV test being wrong are very low. It sounds like you are in denial and you are assuming that the test was wrong and that you are negative. This is not a good idea. If you have uncertainties, you should be retested, otherwise assume that the test was positive. As I have said, you boyfriend may have been negative 4 years ago, but that des not mean that he is still negative. Counsellors are available when you are tested to give you more information and support. It sounds like it would be a good idea for you to talk to a counsellor about your fears.