Question

Pregnancy Hormones??
Hi doc.
I''m 26 weeks pregnant. Haven''t been emotional or anything really, but lately, I get so annoyed it makes my skin crawl. From the smallest things to major things, irritate the sh!t out of me. At the office, at home, my family, my colleagues, my dogs , my husband, everything and everyone.
I don''t want to be a cranky pregnant women, and I''ve always been the kind of person to hold myself in. Now it''s getting so bad, because all that''s happening, is the irritation inside me, which I''ve always had, but never thought much off, is getting bigger and bigger, and I don''t want....or can really, let my emotions go, or tell people how I feel or what I think. It will cause a lot of issues.
Because the day that I do blow my fuse, it''s going to be good and proper, and that won''t be good for anyone...except my own mood, for the moment anyway and afterwards I''ll feel like an idiot. How does one deal with these things when you''re pregnant?

The hormones and other changes of pregnancy can indeed cause, temporarily, a range of emotional storms and irritability. And irritability can also be a possible sign of the early development of a related depression. A psychologist / counsellor can help assess the situation, and can help you gain useful skills in dealing with anger and other troublesome emotions, and in expressing emotions in more positive ways rather than only bottling them up.