Question

Pregnancy positive
Hi There.

Here''s a stupid question. I thought I might be pregnant, and did a pregnancy test before I skipped my period. And it showed positive. So I did anther one later that day, and it showed positive again.

Can a pregnancy show up on the test before I skip my period, and still be accurate?

I made an appointment for next week at teh gynae but it still seems so far away to confirm if I am pregnant or not.

Dear Andrea

Indeed it is possible to get a positive pregnancy test prior to missing a period. This is particularly so with a newer more sensitive tests available on the market, which can detect values of HCG even below 50.

Answered by: Dr M.I. Cassim