Question

Pregnancy Tests & when to call the doctor?
Hi, please could you answer these few questions for us?..

1) How accurate are home pregnancy tests? (I am 4 days late and got a positive result when testing my urine this morning. Does this mean I'm definitely pregnant)

2) Please could you also advise me on when to call the doctor, my mom said I should wait until I'm 2 weeks late because if I go any sooner there won't be much to see.

3) Is it normal to have a slightly upset stomach with cramps in the beginning of your pregnancy? (I have had this for 4 days and keep mistaking it for my period)

Thank you for your much appreciated advise.

The home pregnancy tests are pretty accurate, but not quite as accurate as the blood test. However, as you have also missed a period, it is likely that you are pregnant. Waiting two weeks to see your doctor is a good idea as more information can be obtained then. Slight cramps are normal in early pregnancy.

best wishes