Question

Pregnancy & Weight

I would just like out to find out if it is safe to fall pregnant if you are overweight/obese. I weigh +/- 105kg's and I'm 1.73m tall - which I know puts me into the obese category, I don't feel obese though. I don't have any health problems, my blood pressure is fine etc. Would it be safe for me to fall pregnant, I'm considering starting to try in Aug. but I'd hate to jeopardise a babies life.

The risks are of diabetes in pregnancy and also that you could get hypertension. Try to lose some weight before you fall pregnant.