Question

18h ago

pregnant?
My boyfriend and I fooled around last night. I forgot to take the Pill for the past few days, so I'm afraid that I might get pregnant. I know it was a dumb thing to do it without a condom - actually he didn't ejaculate inside me, he pulled out before he climaxed, but I'm still a bit worried.

What I actually want to now, is how soon will a home pregnancy test indicate pregnancy? If I take the test today, will it shown whether I'm pregnant, or does it take a few days for someone to get pregnant?

I don't really want to take emergency contraceptives if it's not really necessary.

You need to take Emergency contraceptives within 72 hours or have an IUD inserted before 5 days. That is why it is called emergency contracpetives. However, by the time you do a pregnancy test, about 15 days later, it will be to late to take precautionary measures.

If you leave it to late you might be looking at options of pregnancy, abortion or adoption which is far more serious choices than one day of nausea after EC.

Dr Elna Mcintosh