Question

Pregnant and losing lots of weight
I'm 10 weeks pregnant now and had really bad morning sickness in the beginning for about 4 weeks. It was gone for about 2 weeks and now it is starting again. In that 4 weeks that I had the morning sickness I wasn't able to eat or drink anything. After a week I forced myself to eat food and drink water. I soon realised what I could and could not eat. During this time I lost about 4kg and lots of centimeters but the doctor said it is fine and won't do anything to the baby. I'm taking vitamins with folic acid every morning after breakfast. I'm just now very conserned about my weight. I'm still losing even though I eat enough. I had to stop eating meat but eat mieliemeel porrige in the morning and lots of salads, veggies, pasta and sandwhiches during the day. Is it okay for me to not eat meat? Is this why I'm losing weight, because I stoped eating meat?? I do eat chicken now and then, but not very often. I had quite a shock when I put on a pair of pants this morning which has never fitted me perfectly since the day I bought it long before my pregnancy, but now it is too big. Do I have to be worried about this??

This is fairly common in the first trimester. It should improve later in the pregnancy.