Question

pregnant & gaining to much weight
I am 29 weeks pregnant and have already gained 14kg wich is way to much. I do have a craving for carbohydrates and (unfortunately) sweets. I am to tired to do execise when I get home from work. Please give me guidelines on an healthy dietplan.

Dear Tanya
The 14kg does seem a bit much, because if you started your pregnancy with a normal weight, you should only gain a maximum of about 16 kg over the 9 months. Click on 'Diet' and 'Weight loss' and 'Slimming Diet' and you will obtain a copy of a low-fat, high-fibre diet. Because you are pregnant you need to add 2 more cups of low-fat, or skim milk or yoghurt a day to provide sufficient calcium for the growing baby. Please consult your gynae or dr about the kind of exercise you are allowed to do (so that it does not harm the pregnancy) and if you are given the go-ahead, then I would suggest swimming or walking in the fresh air as good exercises to do - but check first.
Enjoy your pregnancy