Question

PREGNANT OR SOMETHING ELSE?
Dear Doc, I have PCOS and have been taking Metformin for 6 weeks.

Suddenly I am extremely tired, cant keep my eyes open and im very dizzy, also Im nauseous but Im not vomiting.
My breasts are tender and my tummy is bloated.
I am also completely drained of all my energy, I shouldnt be as I eat a good breakfast and lunch and snack on fruit all day.
Im also suddenly very constipated, I normally have diarhea due to the Metformin.

Could these symptoms indicate pregnancy or is it something els
Could you email me directly please!
fertility expert

Dear Sweety

In the first instance the symptoms are in keeping with Metformin. You may be suffering from low blood-sugar levels. However, the breast tenderness and bloatedness may be the very first symptoms of pregnancy and I recommend that a home pregnancy testbe done in the first instance. Should this be negative it would be important to stop the Metformin treatment and note if your symptoms have improved. Thereafter I would suggest a repeat of the insulin and sugar levels (fasting levels) to establish whether you require Metformin at all.