Question

PREMATURE BABY
Dear Doctor,

I have a premature baby I was only 29 wks preg at the time. Born on 09/06/06, but he was supposed to be born on 22/08/06. Kindly advise if he is growing okay, last time on 31/10/06 he weighs 4.9kg, is that normal for his age. He is now 5 months but normal he is supposed to be 2 monthsand 19 days. He takes a formula NAN before but he constipated much so I change it to S26 and now he doesn't want his bottle. Do you think he doesn't like the new milk. What Vitamins must I give him.

Kindly advise.

Thank you.
premature baby expert

Hallo Lindrish

He's weight is good for his adjusted age. He may not like the new milk, but just persist, since he may become crampy if you change it again. Your pediatrician will subscribe vitamins if he think it is needed, but the formula usually have all they need.
Warm regards
Welma