Question

pretzels
can somebody tell me if the baked pretzels are fattening or is it ok to eat them as a snack between meals?

Dear Anon
The SA Food Tables do not list pretzels, so I cannot judge how fattening the ones you eat, really are. Have you checked on the label to see if they don't list the energy and fat content per 100g or per serving? Most baked snacks made with refined flour with a high fat content (28g fat/100g) have a high energy content (2087 kJ per 100g and are not recommended for anyone who is trying to lose weight. If you are not trying to slim, then you can probably sometimes have pretzels as a snack, but just don't eat too large a serving and not every day.