Question

Prevention of hearing loss
My job requires that I am listening to music for almost eight hours a day. Im worried about hear loss - as it is throught earphones. My ears have begun to ache a bit. Any suggestions?

Dear R
this is a real risk in your job - you can have your ears tested yearly and try not to put the music too loud - when listening to music on earphones at a standard volume level 5, the sound generated reaches a level of 100 dB, loud enough to cause permanent damage after just 15 minutes per day! The decibels should preferably not be more than 85 with extended exposure ( 8 hours per day).