Question

Price of UID
I'm a 23 year old woman who made the smart choice of staying a virgin until now. But now I have found the right guy and now that this is the person I want to be with forever.

I cannot use the pill as contraceptive as our family has a history of heart disease, high blood pressure, I smoke and are not founded for the side-effect of picking up weight because of it.

After educating myself as to the different contraceptive measures I decided I would like to go for the UID. Do you think I've made the right choice and how much would it approximately cost me?

Also in the meanwhile when the time arrives for me and my guy we will be using a condom ALWAYS! I would also like to know how pricy and effective spermcide is, seeing as I would like to take responsibillity for contraceptives as well? Does it have any side effects and could you recommend one?

Thank you for the advice and please e-mail me your answers!!!

PS: Please do not post my e-mail address when you post my question on the site
Sexy

An IUD has to been inserted by either a GP or a Gyne or a Family planning nurse. So cost can be anything from "For free" at the FP clinic, to Gynae fees + cost of IUD.