Question

Proactol
Recently a friend of mine mentioned she heard of Proactol, an allegedly highly-effective diet pill that not only absorbs fat but blocks the appetite too. It has no known side effects and is FDA approved, according to the website. Would you recommend this product to people? I am 1.53m, 31 years old and weigh 73kgs. Please could you advise if I can take this pill?

Dear Carmen
I have not personally read anything about Proactol, so I cannot recommend its use. I am always highly suspicious about any product that is marketed as having 'no side-effects', because all medications esp ones that can affect the appetite, have side-effects, even herbal products. Your present BMI = 31,2 which is in the obese category so it would be good if you could lose at least 8 kg to start off with. I would recommend that you reduce your energy intake by eating an energy-reduced, low-fat, high-fibre diet (click on 'Diet' at the top of this page, 'Weight loss', ‘Balanced diet' and then on 'Slimming Diet' for a copy of such a diet), and increase your energy output by doing regular exercise (running, jogging, skipping, cycling, swimming, join a gym or Walk for Life), rather than to take diet pills.