Question

problems with cyst

My mum is 62 years old.
She has had a hysterectomy already years ago (not sure if her ovaries were also removed).
The gynae has now found that she has a cyst. According to the doc at her age the cyst has no business been there &  may have to be removed via surgery. I have taken her for a blood test &  am awaiting the results. She is also an agina, high blood pressure, and anxiety patient.
Is it true that it HAS TO BE REMOVED &  THAT IT CAN ONLY BE DONE VIA SURGERY?

Thank you.
GYNAEDOC

Yes and yes. At her age, there would be a concern about cancer and the only way to check for this is to remove the cyst surgically.