Question

problems with my gf.my life is in hell
hey

recently my gf and i have had terrible fight.now she tells me that she needs space and time to think.what does this mean? when i say to her i love u i love you alot,she doesnt answer me she remains silent and says justin im sorry and when i ask her do you love me ? she tells me i dont know.i ask her are we still going out? and she replys i dont know but on somedays she will say i love u 2 .i dont know what to do,plz help me its affecting my life
Teen expert
teen expert

Hi Justin,

as uncomfortable as it feels sometimes giving the person some space is the only thing that will help them think through what has happened and where they are at with the relationship. You may need to gain some clarification about what she means by space. Sometimes people say this when they don't have the guts to tell someone its over, or it may be that she genuinely needs time to think.

There are times when although we want instant answers to relieve our anxiety we have to allow the space to continue the relationship - if you push too much for an answer yo may get the answer you dont want because she feels so pressured.

Ultimately you cannot make up her mind for her, you can only state how you feel and let her work out what she feels too.

I hope things work out for you Justin