Question

Progestorone 222 is this normal????????
Hi.
I am 8 weeks pregnant and my progestorone level was tested yesterday and showed 222.67. Is this to high or is this normal. Does anybody know what it should be. I am currently using cyclogest pessaries. My doctor said I should stop using it from today, but I am affraid that it might drop back to its old levels especially now between 8 and 10 weeks which is a crucial time.
fertility expert

Dear Curious

Usually at 8weeks implantation has firmly occurred and progesterone supplementation is no longer necessary since the placenta is able to produce its own progesterone. However it will do no harm to continue for at least another week, as is common practice in our centre.