Question

Prolactine
Prolaktien (Afrikaans). I am chronically tired, I am feeling very down, irritated, aggressive and my sex libido is very low (never feel for it). I went for some blood tests in the past with no success. I decided to test for prolactine - according to the pathologist the width span should be 59-61, my count is 161 which seems very high. I also know that my blood sugar is low. I hope this is the cause of all my symptoms. Can you please advise me on what the next step should be to follow and what can be described?

Tammy, the next step is to find out why you have increase prolactin levels. Common causes include:
1. Physiological: Pregnancy, breast-feeding, stress & sleep.
2. Drugs: Phenothiazines, haloperidol, รก-methyldopa, oestrogens, etc.
3. Disease: Pituitary disease, chronic renal failure, under-active thyroid and sarcoid.
As you can see, the best would be to see a specialist physician and have it sorted out. Good luck.