Ask an expert

12 Jul 2010

Prolapsed Vault
Dear Doc.Last year I had to have my Viginal Passage meshed up.However,After the surgery a year later I have once again noticed that it is protruding once again and is extremely irritating as I can feel the buldge protruding and it becomes extremely dry.It certainly is worse when my bowels are not regular.The Doctor that did my operation did not ask me to come back for a follow up exam, I don''t want to go back to him, unfortunately I have been told that there are very few doctors that still do the mesh technique.It is affecting my sexual activity although I have a wonderful husband that understands.I just don''t know who to turn to for help anymore.Should I just go and see another Gynea ? Your advice will be greatly appreciated.
Answer 384 views

01 Jan 0001

I am not sure why you don't want to go back to your previous gynae. Treatment of vault prolapse is very tricky and they often recur. This is not an indication of negligence on his part. I would suggest that you see a gynaecologist who has experience in the treatment of vault prolapse.

Best wishes
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
33% - 9322 votes
67% - 18699 votes