Question

Prolapsed Vault
Dear Doc.Last year I had to have my Viginal Passage meshed up.However,After the surgery a year later I have once again noticed that it is protruding once again and is extremely irritating as I can feel the buldge protruding and it becomes extremely dry.It certainly is worse when my bowels are not regular.The Doctor that did my operation did not ask me to come back for a follow up exam, I don''t want to go back to him, unfortunately I have been told that there are very few doctors that still do the mesh technique.It is affecting my sexual activity although I have a wonderful husband that understands.I just don''t know who to turn to for help anymore.Should I just go and see another Gynea ? Your advice will be greatly appreciated.

I am not sure why you don't want to go back to your previous gynae. Treatment of vault prolapse is very tricky and they often recur. This is not an indication of negligence on his part. I would suggest that you see a gynaecologist who has experience in the treatment of vault prolapse.