Question

PROLONGED PAIN IN SHOULDER + LACK OF MOBILITY
Pain in shoulder experienced over last 6-7 months, which seems to have increased in severity. Severe pain when raising arm higher than chest level. Orthopaedic specialist has suggested a scan as there is a small white area on the bone at the top of the shoulder. What could this be? I am very worried as, last year, I lost a good friend to bone cancer, which started in his elbow.

Palio, it doesn’t sound like bone cancer from this side of the screen. It sounds like it might be a calcification due to a torn muscle or ligament. If it is the case, a cortisone injection and/or physiotherapy should do the trick. It might also be due to a problem in your neck and you will have to have an x-ray taken of your neck before I can tell you more. Good luck.